Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trying new things

Tips for cutting your man's hair:
1) If going without shoes, take off your socks! The cut hair clings to them and turns them into furballs. An interesting sensation as you walk around the kitchen!

2) Don't be intimidated. It gets surprisingly soothing.

3) Use the clippers on the side of the head, too. I'm a fan of using the scissors now, but the clippers are great because it creates a short, even pattern.

4) The clippers cut the hair really, really short. Even the higher numbers, which makes sense. I thought my boyo was going to be a 4, but went with a 6 to keep it on the long side (in case I made a mistake) and that was the length I had wanted it at to begin with.

5) Hopefully your boyo is amazing like mine and doesn't really care what his hair looks like, so long as it looks good. I most definitely was not going for any particular style, and probably wont for a couple more cuts, but I wanted it to look presentable and sort of fit how I like his hair. It turned out well, but if he'd wanted spikey hair or a certain style, errm... that would have been lost on me. As you I imagine, too! If it's the first time you're cutting hair.

6) Make sure what ever you're using to cover him stays closed. Otherwise there will be a huge line of hair down his back.

7) Don't use hair detangler... =P I didn't have a spray bottle so I used a hair detangler spray that I have to wet his hair... It left his hair almost greasy and pretty nasty to the touch. It didn't stay damp long and just got worse the wetter I tried to get it. Luckily, it turned out well. And we showered afterward.

[[Edit]]
8) Be sure to check that the side burns are straight. =P
9) Shave all the way around the crown. Don't forget the sides. xD It looks silly if you do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger