Monday, January 10, 2011

Procrastination


Not that I haven't been cooking and exploring, dear readers. Heavens no. Just the holiday season hit and so did the work rush. The jacket hasn't progressed any since the last post, so I blew my deadline, and the cooking. Well, I'm still whipping things up, just not the cakes I've been imagining. =[

Here are some of the latest endeavors and some old photographs to tide you over with. =]




[Above] This is Heather. =]

[Above] Self Portrait

[Above] I'm an active listener to a radio show called "A Prairie Home Companion". Let's face it, Garrison Keiler is an amazing story teller. "It's been a quiet week in Lake Woebegone, Minnesota my hometown," he begins my favorite segment.

"Where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children above average." There's a big deal made about Cheddar cheese and butter and, well, anything delightfully "Minnesotan". My love is from around and abouts there and it's always fun to listen to and poke fun at.

Anywho! There is a big deal made about Cheddar cheese... on pie. Hot, steamy apple pie. "Oh, the delicacies!" as Garrison Keiler would say. So on our last trip to Julian, we decided to give it a try.

Sadly, it wasn't all we'd hoped it would be. It may be a good blend, but it wasn't. Maybe the pie was too cold and the cheese wasn't melted enough. Maybe it wasn't a good cheese or a good pie. Perhaps neither according to my rapidly increasing difficult to please taste buds. It wasn't half bad with the ice-cream, too. But a bit too much fat for my stomach to be happy with. I'd rather just take a cup of coffee, pale. Cream only. Thanks =]


I have this intrigue with graffiti. Especially when people try to scrub it off and it doesn't say or mean anything. It's alluring.

This was a butternut squash soup with a nut pesto. It was quite tasty, if I must admit. This was almost a month ago. =[


A randomly inspiring sewing machine I found at a thrift store. Trying to get myself to sew again! I keep dreaming of the jacket as a finished product.

This was Tempura night. Nothing special. We had a tempura mix packet which wasn't very good, so I attempted to add some tastiness to it... And failed. It wasn't bad, though! I also made a sweet-soy-sake sauce to dip it in. Now that was delicious. =}



If you haven't guessed it by now, I'm a sucker for sweet foods. Just not candy-like foods.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger