Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dedication. Dedication!!

I am going to try to work with more dedication for this blog.

First off, let me inform you of a few lovely facts. Anthony and I are getting the wheels turning, the ball moving and the layout set for our photography business. Thus far, I've designed our business cards, made our website, created templates for posting our... desire to work out there, have picked out the images I need to retouch for our Events page and, have been inspiring myself by looking at wedding photography.

Mainly models in wedding dresses. So mainly, wedding dresses.

It makes me sigh a heartfelt one as I see piles of lace and glass beadings, low-cut backs, vintage hairstyles, and properly fitted gowns. Then you see frills everywhere! The mermaid cut, the princess cut, the Asymmetrical cut, the list goes on! And it makes me dream and yearn to wear such finery! Why shouldn't they be for everyday?

Oh yeah... $6,000+. Well, should only we feel so fine for those moments in our dresses as in our everyday clothes!

Such brings me back to my inspiration from these images. I've been looking at a lot of Wedding Photographers shooting brides in their dresses, never really showing the dress and the bride in all her glory, but rather bits and pieces of her, or from very far away. The dress is demeaned by detail shots being taken off a hanger in a window instead of following the gentle curve of her waist, or graciously adorning her neckline.

Yes, it is the bride in all her natural glory on her wedding day. That's what it's about and the dress is a major part of that! How many sessions, salons, racks, magazines were gone through to find the One. It seems as daunting as finding her boyo!

Couldn't a bit of time be spent crafting an image that shows her hard work and love? The rest of the day is shown in such dedication!

That's just my outlook on it. Give it what two cents you will.

On a different tangent...
So, I have been cooking! Tonight, for my boyo, I made tri-tips in a red wine sauce with sweet potato fries and snap peas. Being vegetarian, I didn't try any of it, which makes cooking a bit difficult for me. I'm so used to cooking by taste that I find myself imagining the flavor with the smell and guessing what it needs from there. It's a fun exercise.

He gave it 3 out of 4 forks. The meat,unfortunately, came out more of a medium than a medium-rare as I'd, quite frankly, just forgotten it in the oven for a few extra minutes. There was a thick piece that was closer to it that, in his opinion, "...would have blended the dish well together," as the sauce was "dry".

I understand. I can picture it, the taste, the blend of the flavors, the textures. Imagining it doesn't make me want it, just allows me to experience it. I've been a full-blown vegetarian/sometimes vegan/ pescitarian for 3 years and counting. It's been an adventure learning to cook various foods without tasting them.

I may have mentioned before, but I'm not for "turning" anyone. If you are, good for you! If not, then that's fine, too. =] I believe, you believe, lets be happy!

Hmm... oh, I had a sun dried tomato with basil... mulch.... erm... stew? Hydrated with more yummy Merlot. It had garlic and onions and was delish. I melted some cheese on a tortilla and stuffed some sweet potato fries in there. It was fantastic! For a random, throw-things-together-so-you-have-something-to-eat-besides-fries-and-peas dinner, it gets a 3 out of 4 fork rating as well.

Speaking of from now on, I'm going to try rating all of my meals with a 4 fork rating system. My adventures on a 10 point system. And sewing... well... let me actually get started on that again before I dig a hole for myself. =}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger