Friday, January 14, 2011

Not a day off yet!

What a long, refreshing and tiresome day today has been. I haven't eaten one thing from my house today. Everything has been "road food" here in my own city.

While my computer fixes itself and loads the images of today, here is the story.

Woke up around 7:30AM to a delicious giant cup of steamy chocolatey coffee made by the love of my life. Nothing tastes better than a sip of coffee the minute you wake up. I kid you not!

The reason we were up so unbelievably early today was a photoshoot! This restaurant I'm in with is allowing us to shoot there, so long as we do it before they open and not get in the way. Rockin! We had a model and it was all green from there. =] Started shooting around 9AM after more coffee and a breakfast debate. I put on some tunes on the overhead radio and got into it. That finished up around 10:40-11 ish and we were all pretty hungry.

Got breakfast at a small cafe called Influx off Broadway. Meal numero uno. After that, I had to dash into work for about 2 hours because this large party was supposed to come in. Luckily, they never showed because we got slammed and the owners, who are normally assisting the other girl, didn't show up. Lucky chance I was called in. On my only day off. It wasn't bad.

After work, sugar levels were beginning to dwindle so, after wandering a thrift store, Boyo and I grabbed a late lunch, about 3pm at this awesome little place called Senor Mangos. Eating in the car, we raced to our next photoshoot with another girl over in Mission Trails. Dragging around a our equipment and Boyo barefoot, we shot in tall grasses, attacked by knats, grasshoppers trying to jump between toes and, eventually, mosquito.((such a funny looking word.))

After, we went with our model to a sushi place and, while not hungry from our late lunch, decided it rude not to eat. After reviewing the menu, we ended up ordering far too much food, but laughed, talked and ate the time away.

Finally, at 8:25PM, we are home. Shoes are off, pictures are being uploaded and all is quiet and still. such a blessed sound. No cars racing or kids shouting, no dogs barking (which is a rarity in our house. Our neighbors dogs are terrible), no drunk college people (another bad neighbor, not with the barking dogs), and no talking. It's bliss. <3 Sometimes, you just need to rest and now is that chance.

*Phew!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger