Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Work and Play-Work

Let me use this space to grumble and growl over the amount of time I'm spending at my place of business only to come home and do more work, play-work this time, on the computer. Hours upon endless hours starting at a blindingly white screen.

Speaking of which, why don't I turn it down? Ahh, much better. =D

What's frustrating is having a computer that doesn't agree or comply with your wishes. For example: I tried to open Flash. It crashed (the program did). So I reopened it. It told me Flash needed more memory, so I shut everything down and restarted it again. It called me funny names and crashed again. It crashed 1/2 way through a project (which I made the mistake of not saving) and now! Close to the end of my photo gallery, it's refusing to create a motion or even a classic tween in AS 2.0 (which I was using alright last week) and not following any of the commands I'm requesting of it! Like scrolling! >.< Grrr!!

It's all fun and games, both jobs, but one leaves my legs sore, my feet achy and my left wrist with a hallow pain. The other burns my eyes, makes me sleepy and gives me a funny crink in my neck.

I'm strangely disconnected as I'm connected in this web and today, nothing is working right. I'm tired, still hungry after eating and am seriously contemplating a glass of either sherry or port.

And the biggest piece of chocolate pie you can imagine.

Cooking:
Haven't been doing much lately. My mind has been elsewhere. However, inspired by MtAoFC (Mastering the Art of French Cooking), I am marinading a picnic roast (pork) for my boyo in a yummy smelling garlic-wine... soup. =}

We were supposed to attempt a Quiche du fruits de Mer, but I don't feel like making the pastry shell. Terrible, isn't it?

/Sigh* Ah well. Time to stop whining.

Side-note:
Have I mentioned my "day-job" is said to be going out of business? I must say said to be because, while they have told some regulars, the owners have yet to tell any employees. When asked about it, they either shrug or exclaim "We're not closing yet!"
*cough*
The latest news from the grapevine is we close on Feb. 10th when the lease is up. We've all been looking for other jobs halfheartedly because we enjoy working there, with each other! But put job hunting as the whipped cream to the top of my pie and, darlin' I'm wiped.

However, tomorrow is an estate sale close to where we live. Please, oh please have been a photographer and have either a rollieflex or a hasselblad for $10!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger