Monday, January 24, 2011

Failures

Boyo's picnic roast is finally going to be made today! (After 5 days of marination). It's a long process it seems, with 2 hours of prepping just the sauce for it to cook in, but we'll see.

I made him the other day, (unsure if I mentioned it), a slab of the ham that I had cut off for him to enjoy, with green onions, port, sherry and cognac. He said later that it was the best pork he's ever had. Boo yeah! Thank you, Julia.

I have recently become fixed on greek yogurt. The tangy sour cream-esque flavor mixing with my healthy cereals, giving them a sweet and creamy flavor. It takes the bite out of my coffee and it oh so addicting.

A small inspiration. =] I hope you let little things inspire you, too.

When you're frustrated with something, or karma tells you with a strong signal that you should step away, you should listen to that impulse.

After cutting through the cord of my computer with a pair of nastily dull scissors, after following a youtube type step-by-step video of this little old woman and her advice on how to make a nice slipcover for your nasty old couch and screwing it up so bad it is now a Sally themed Tim Burton couch, after you finally see and the words swirl around your head "Congratulation! It's a Clown." rings ridiculing in your mind. You really should stop.

Did I? Of course not.

Now my couch is covered, but don't move it too far from the radio or you'll see my major error and frustration that I didn't even bother to sew. Most of the couch is tucked it, which doesn't look bad and thankfully, there is tons of space to. The bottom, which I was going to get some velcro for, because Ikea thankfully put a strip down there for their own slipcovers, I realized was stapled. Yes. Stapled on with nothing more than paper staples, not even upholstery staples! So, I followed suit, angrily slapping the underneath of the couch with the stapler, warning off my boyo whenever he got too close.

I stepped away. First for lunch, then for pie.

That was the best move I've done all day.

So if you happen to come in, don't stare too closely at my couch. Just note the colors, the pillows and take a seat. Speaking of, I'm working on the pillows now and better get back to it. Boyo is snapping pictures of me and I'm certain I'm glaring in at least half of them. Here are the pictures for today! Enjoy. >[



This is the final result. Mind you, it was white and yes, I know there are wrinkles, but it just needs to be tucked in a little more.

The material: All of it was $2.00 The gray material is silk I found it at a thrift store for a buck. The red material was free because it was someone's scraps and the beigh was a buck as well at a swap meet. Can't beat the prices! The most expensive thing was the batting for the pillows which totaled around $26.00 for 2 24oz bags and 2 12oz bags. (I don't know why I didn't buy another 24oz, the thought is just occurring to me. It made sense with the 2 large pillows and 2 small ones theme. Ah well. Same price.)
Total work time: 10 hours.

Lesson: Buy the damn slipcover next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger