Monday, February 7, 2011

Biscotti Mornings


Today I woke up and decided to cook. =] I realized how much I've really missed cooking and so biscotti started it again. Then wheat pancakes (I'd forgotten the baking soda until about 1/2 way through. Guess who ate the flat cakes? Moi!) and a spinach-scallion omelette with white pepper and to top is all off, a mild pure maple syrup. I am now a true adorer of omelettes a la Julia Child. Creamy and rich inside and not quite cooked rock hard. Gooey wonders. <3 Granted, they are pretty rich with the butter, but one or two a week and they are marvelous!





I've been taking a lot of advice from Julia the past few times I have cooked. Not often lately because of a nasty cold which, after 2 weeks, is still lingering about. I must admit that even to myself, my own cooking when not following her recipes, has improved.

Here is a sneak peak into our fridge to see what I'm working with! It's usually not this full, but we went shopping yesterday and what a sight it is to behold. <3

(Above: Shameless advertising for F&E.)Isn't that fruit just the cutest! I wanted a small one anyhow and lo-and-behold, a little heart shaped guayabana.

I realize that I don't post any of my photography here beyond my attempts. If you're ever curious to see what that's up to, visit www.voirlamour.blogspot.com.

And now, I must be getting ready for work. Adieu!

1 comments:

Anthony said...

Fresh&Easy should pay you. You make their stuff look super tasty and expeditious.

Biscotti were delicious by themselves, wonderful with our morning coffee, darling. Thank you again.

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger