Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Discovering a lack of passion outside of photography.

The love of my life told me recently that I'm missing my passion. I sort of agree with him. I have a deep interest in photography, but is it a passion? Becoming, perhaps. I've an interest in cooking and baking. Passion? Maybe. An interest in designing and making vintage late-era victorian-modern blend clothing for my everyday wardrobe. Passion? We'll see. A passion for writing? Is mild an answer?

I love riding my bicycle, but is that a passion? I don't want to race...

The only thing I've been able to put fully to the word "Passion" (outside of the bedroom) is reading. I've always been an avid and dedicated reader. But it's not doing anything but "zoning out". I'm interested in historical fictions which border on non-fictions based on the historical truths the books follow. But it's not practical information and there is no end product from these readings. Thus, a productive passion.

To pursue upon the previously listed interests further is going to be the point of this blog. Hopefully.

I'm already getting wrist deep in chemicals for B&W photography (Medium format, a love of mine). I've recently purchased an older KitchenAide in relatively good condition to pursue cooking/baking. I'm also acquiring a sewing machine and have "designed" a coat for myself. The time line for the coat? Christmas.

In time, through all of the stumbling, the grumbling about misaligned stitching, tearing seams, bland cakes, cracking fondant and under or overexposed images, I will find what in the world I'm good at. What I'd like to continue doing! And what I'm going to throw out the window. Literally.

1 comments:

fyre said...

I wrote a long rambling comment on one of your posts, but alas, I was asked to sign in (duh) and it was erased. I was happy that happened because it lead me to read on! I adore the jacket (which will look stunning on you) and your cooking/baking adventures (always a good time), but what really got my mind spinning was the 'what's your passion' theme! I am 38 and still can only name a few 'passions'. Sometimes I feel my only true passion is loving people, it's that "I don't think I could live without it" type thing that I am without a doubt about. Reading, writing, cooking I would survive without. Martial Arts, well I suppose I could survive without Tai chi and Qi Gong but it would be painful and sucky *insert giggle here* so *DINg*,passion! Anyhoo, thank you for making me revisit this topic, and I look forward to peeking in on your journey!

Post a Comment

 

Finding my Passions Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger